The anti-corruption compliance (in the narrow sense) is the achievement of the compliance of the activity of an organization, enterprise of any form of property with the anti-corruption legislation (both in national and international aspects).
The word “compliance” has long become usual for western companies. The system of compliance (risk management) has been implemented in almost all large international companies. Moreover, not only employees of a company and internal documentation undergo the compliance, but also contractors, suppliers, partners which cooperate with the company.
Advantages of the implementation of the compliance system in companies:
- prevention of risks of non-compliance with the requirements of regulators
- prevention of financial losses, bankruptcy and sanctions
- well-established system of detection and prevention of facts of corruption, fraud and abuse
- increase in the operating efficiency of the company
- simplification of the procedure of transactions with foreign partners
- increase in the value of the company, its competitiveness and investment appeal
- preservation and development of business reputation of companies both in Ukraine and abroad
Thus, the compliance system is an effective instrument of risk management and allows to avoid unfavourable consequences both for the company and management.
Lawyers of Dmitrieva & Partners render services in the sphere of the anti-corruption compliance in accordance with the individual peculiarities of a company:
Among the most asked-for services:
- development, implementation, support of the compliance system in a company
- anti-corruption audit of clients and their counterparties
- internal investigations of violations of anti-corruption legislation and corporate policies of the company
- analysis of corruption risks and recommendations for their elimination
- holding trainings for staff with respect to anti-corruption legislation and internal policies of companies
- representation of interests in the investigation of violations in the field of compliance
- creation of the system of informing on compliance incidents
- provision of services of outsourcing of the compliance function.